Friday, January 21, 2011

Looks Inside

The sunny is shining here in Philly, the snow is melting, and lets just say that Spring can not come soon enough. We are all drooling over the upcoming season’s look books and as we here transition our sale merchandise to make room for all of the new product it seemed like the perfect day to change up the looks around the store.  For my first entry I am excited to share what goes through my head while layering up looks here at Arcadia…. (bear with the phone photos please - I just couldn't wait)
We JUST got in these amazing Greylin jackets and I immediately knew one had to go in the window (paired with this Skunkfunk dress made of bamboo this look can be yours for less than $200!) The deco Birdqueen necklace totally pulls together the graphic feel of this ensemble. Ps – I spy a white Matt and Nat structured Moneen bag - which is a must-have for Spring.
For the Men’s look (yes we have an ever-growing mens section at Arcadia too!) I wanted to feature all of the great layering pieces we offer the boys in your life. Get this – the Original Penguin long sleeve striped tee is reversible! Oh, and when I’m styling mens - popping collars is a must.
To me this is what Arcadia is all about – eco fabrics, local design, and chic comfort. This outfit is so easy to wear you’d be silly not to snag everything seen here! The hooded drapey cardigan is Alternative Apparel (as is the tank) and cotton Tuxedo leggings by Prarie Underground are perfection. Bullet/feather necklace by local jewelry designer Sultana Aschim. Each piece one-of-a-kind and made from all kinds of cool found objects.
 We are all dying over this Thayer goddess dress. All I want to do is go on vacation and wear this dress to a fabulous dinner with the beau. Oh you fancy huh – why not rock this poolside? I'm also obsessed with the tassel necklace by Canoe Crafts - another spot-on spring trend.

I had to show off our new separates line Hester (see Mallory's entry below). I love the way the jacket pops against the neutral base.
I kicked the quirk up a notch with our Eco-Mesa braided skinny scarf. Not for you? How about keeping it neutral with this felt feather necklace by Feisty Elle?

I own this Mink Pink “Storm in a Teacup” tee and let me tell you- this gorgeous print lends itself to be easily dressed up or down. Tuck it into a high waisted skirt or keep it caz with jeans and a cozy cardigan.  Don’t you love the little loops on this belted sweater? And yes – that necklace is pink yarn meticulously knitted into silver chain (you NEED to come in and see it up close).

We have such a fun assortment of vintage pieces in our NoLibs store. I love loading up our vintage gal and I especially love the idea of pairing this bold Aztec print sweater with a dainty floral maxi skirt. The only this outfit needed was a pair of crème wicker heels. (FYI – if you want this sweater I would hurry because it won’t be here for long – mostly because I think I need it.)


I hope this little peak inside the store helped lift you out of this winter rut. Stay tuned because amazing duds are arriving daily!

Yay,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment