Sunday, January 30, 2011

Philly SEPTA to get smart card system?!

While I was reading Philly Mag's blog today I came across a post about Philadelphia's plan to introduce SEPTA smart cards. I am so excited! I always misplace my tokens and end up having to pay the two dollar charge each time I use SEPTA's public transportation. Two dollars doesn't sound so bad until it happens to you every single day, story of my life lately. According to the article, the plan was put on hold due to a cut in state infrastructure funding last year. As of now the smart cards won't be in full effect for another 2-3 years, but a girl can still dream it'll happen overnight. Right?

Would you rather SEPTA keep the token fare system or cash in for an electronic fare system? 



xx Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment