Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PORTLANDIA - Where Young People Go To Retire

I spent my day off obsessing over my new favorite program about one of my favorite cities - Portlandia. Created, written by and starring Fred Armisen (SNL) and Carrie Brownstein (vocalist/guitarist of Portland's famed but now defunct all-girl indie band Sleater-Kinney), the IFC Original series affectionately pokes (clever) fun at life in Portland, Oregon in the form of character-based shorts. I especially enjoy hilarious cameos from Kyle MacLachlan, Aubrey Plaza (from another seriously underrated show- Parks and Recreation), Selma Blair, Jason Sudeikis, and fellow Portland musicians The Decemberists.




Watch more episodes on Hulu (and my fellow Comcast subscribers can even watch it OnDemand for free  under menu heading "The Cutting Edge") and tell me if you agree that the regional culture of community gardens, local cuisine-ing and militant bike messangers hits very close to home.


omglol,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment