Recipe and Images via Inspiredtaste.net
Chili Lime Kale Chips
Baked kale chips are so easy and fast. You can season kale chips with many flavorings, in this case we lift the flavor of earthy kale with bright lime and smoky chili powder.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Yield: serves 2-4
- 1 bunch Kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (the finer the better)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- additional salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the thick ribs from kale leaves then wash them thoroughly. Once washed, use a salad spinner to dry them completely (hand or paper towels will also work). If the kale leaves are not dry, they will steam instead of becoming crisp.
- Tear the kale leaves into bite sized pieces then add them to a large bowl. Add olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt then use tongs or your hands to toss the kale so the oil and salt distributes evenly.
- Add the kale in one layer to a large baking sheet (you may need to work in batches). Then, bake in the oven until crisp, 10-12 minutes. If after 10-12 minutes the kale is not yet crisp, bake another 2-3 minutes, however, stay close to watch for the kale becoming overcooked/browned.
- Remove the kale and while it is still hot, sprinkle with the lime zest and chili powder. Enjoy immediately.
I will be trying this soon!