Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Meet Natalie!


It took a while for us to get our act together, but meet our new shopgirl Natalie!


Name? Natalie Ann Rhoda

Neighborhood in which you reside?!  Currently: Chestnut Hill.  In the next few months: who knows!  Suggestions??  I need to be closer to center city.  What's affordable, beautiful, and walkable? :)

Favorite Philly restaurant? Tough question!!  There are so many... I had a very indulgent, multi plate/ course meal at Amada years ago that I STILL dream about.

Most memorable fashion faux pas? Never.  None.  haha hmm... the 90s- riding my bike in my matching purple nylon shorts-jacket combo; plaid shorts, button down shirt and timbs; or wearing a short dress to my junior prom when I had a shin guard tan.  You tell me what takes the cake.  Oh, and Junior prom also accompanied with a very awkward length haircut (I'm talking between ear and chin length...curly).

Favorite line at Arcadia and why? Iosselliani.  The coolest jewelry around- they are SO clever with their shapes and colors- Roberta and Paolo never cease to amaze and inspire me.  And H. Fredriksson for clothing- those skirts and dresses!  so dreamy!  The beautiful, seemingly effortless draping- I can't get enough.  The pieces manage to look laid back, elegant, and interesting all at once.

Current song on repeat?  I just came back from Austin for sxsw and saw soo many awesome shows.  Two of my fave performances there were The Givers' "Up Up Up" and Yellow Ostrich "Whale".  Yellow Ostrich is playing at JB's on April 10- I'll be there!

Favorite ice cream flavor? Bassetts Mocha Chip- nothing else compares.

Favorite YouTube clip? Grape Lady Falls

Favorite artist?  I'm drawn to a lot of 3D art.  Natural materials- textiles, wood, mixed media...  No absolute fave, but here's what I'm loving right now:  Nataly Gattegno and Jason Kelly Johnson created a really cool installation of public art this past summer/fall in SF- check it out- http://www.sfmcd.org/exhibitions/past/place-making-installations-at-hayes-and-octavia/  And one day very soon, I want to go to the Fabric Workshop to see Pae White's current exhibit.  Also- I love Andy Goldsworthy's work.

Guilty pleasure? Sleeping- or just laying in bed- way past the 8 hour mark.

Favorite way to spend your days off from Arcadia? Making jewelry, walking around the city, sitting outside for a leisurely meal or good cup of coffee, visiting friends in nyc, perfecting my pool game- trying to reach shark status by summer.  Days off in the summer- beach!

Favorite beer? I love a good Pale Ale.  And I usually go for local brews.  I'll switch it up depending on my mood...and always willing to taste something new!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie sounds pretty fabulous---artistic, creative, fashion saavy and fun---perfect for Arcadia!

    ReplyDelete