Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts

Wow, it is pretty hot outside here in Philly. Not that I am complaining! I have been waiting for this weather for months. The best thing about hot days is that they turn into perfectly warm nights. So you must be looking for something to do to enjoy what should be a lovely night. Well, let me suggest the Philadelphia International Festival of Arts taking place at the Kimmel Center and the Avenue of the Arts. I am very upset with myself for not checking out PIFA yet seeing that it has been running since the 7th. But, luckily for me (and YOU), there are still 5 days left of the festivities.

This year's theme is: The City of Brotherly Love welcomes the City of Lights.
What's more romantic than a Parisian influence?
A newly-constructed 81-foot high replica of the Eiffel Tower in the Kimmel Center lobby is lit twice every night of the festival!
The festival boasts of a vast array of art exhibits, dance performances, and concerts by both local and international artists. Not to mention my favorite part, the food. The list of events and activities (many which are free!) is incredible. Check out the website to learn more about the artists of every discipline that will be there, and a schedule of events & locations: http://www.pifa.org/

I can't wait to go tonight. Come say hi...I'll be the one with the crepe ;)

-natasha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment